flip flops cost how much ??

Old 02-25-17, 08:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
flip flops cost how much ??

My wife and I went out for breakfast this morning but then I got stuck going shopping with her She got all excited about a pair of $50 flip flops marked down to $40 She bought them, it was her money so it's not like it cost me anything but IMO that is a ridiculous price for flip flops. She did say they had a name ...... like that meant anything to me

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-17, 08:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I had a falling out of sorts with one of my grand daughters because I wouldn't buy her a $150 pair of Ugg boots that she would probably wear one season.

Old 02-25-17, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Well they're not your old run of the mill rubber $1 flip flops of olden times anymore!
They've evolved!

Old 02-25-17, 08:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you just call me old

I understand they aren't like the old dime store flip flops but I still think that is an outrageous price for flip flops ...... but they were on sale

Old 02-25-17, 12:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think Mark would look cute in a nice pair of flip flops, what do you guys think.

Old 02-25-17, 12:54 PM
Group Moderator
Well they're not your old run of the mill rubber $1 flip flops of olden times anymore!
They've evolved!
That's right. Now that they're made in Asia.... look how far away that is.
The price justifies the shipping expenses.

Old 02-25-17, 01:12 PM
Flip flops are NOT me at all. But we enjoy an occasional road trip, and the housekeeping at a couple of the motels we have stayed at over the years have left a little bit to be desired. So a year or so ago I told the wife that I would like to get a cheap pair of flip flops that I could wear in at least some of the showers. A week later I had a pair, and she told me they were ONLY about $50 or whatever it was. No way! So after telling me how comfortable those would be, and me repeating that I wasn't going to leave the room in them, she returned them, and a week or so after that came home with a something like $10 pair. Now they may fall apart by the time I walked to the mailbox and back, but I'm not going to do that, so I think they will be fine. But yes, I agree; ridiculous.

Old 02-26-17, 02:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Chris, I don't think the words Mark and cute have ever been used in the same sentence

Old 02-26-17, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
They've evolved!
No, I think they've been "UN-intelligently designed".

(Absolutely NOT a comment on religion, ok?)

I've only paid more than $50 for a pair of shoes in my life. Rockports, when I was in the Navy. They lasted almost 10 yrs with 2 resoles. The issue stuff was uncomfortable and poorly made. Lucky if they lasted a year.

Old 02-26-17, 06:46 AM
Women's apparel is always over priced. It's the way of things. And now days men's apparel is getting the same way. The other day I was at Burlington Coat factory outlet. Told wife I needed jeans. We looked at the selection. What I had on were in better shape that what they were selling. At least mine had no holes and look newer than what was on the rack.

Seriously? $40.00 for this? And that's considered cheap!

She told me to keep what I'm wearing and I'd be in style! (I don't want to be in that style!)

She has come home with many clothes for me that were brand new or at least looked brand new. Some had labels on them. And she paid only a fraction of the cost. I'll let you determine how and where she bought them.

What gets me are sneakers or running shoes. OK, if you're a real runner or professional. But for the everyday pair of walking sneakers, they want us to pay $100? For name that means nothing to me? I'll pay my Walmart price and get new pair the following season. And if I ruin them, no loss.

Last edited by Norm201; 02-26-17 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-26-17, 09:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never understood why anyone would want to wear tattered jeans and I'm mystified that there are folks that will pay extra for it. Several yrs ago they were selling jeans that looked liked they had grass stains on them. It doesn't bother me if my jeans get stains on them but I want to be the one that put them there!

Old 02-26-17, 09:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Look in my closet I have already tattered jeans. Can I sell them? Might be able to sell them as aged.

Old 02-26-17, 09:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I was hard on my clothes when I was a kid. Didn't wear tattered clothes long but wore clothes with a lot of patches ..... I could have been in style long before it's time

Old 03-02-17, 09:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

Say What??? $50.00 bucks for flip flops??? That's outrageous!!! Can't be the retail price on Main Street... Maybe on Wall Street but not any store many of us shop at on main street.

$50.00 BUCKS...Hum... looks like I seen that amount of $50.00 some where and $50.00 bucks does sound familiar......Oh now I got it. Exactly the amount my home owners insurance went up this recent annual renewal period.

Guess the insurance company CEO or some other high level stuffed shirt and or stuffed blouse alligator shoe wearing type needed a new pair of >FLIP FLOPS< at my expense...

GOOD GRIEF!!! Some thing else to VENT about!!!

BTW:
Home owners policy rates that increase yearly and that still covers nothing!!! Never ask what isn't covered. List is always way to long. Ask what is covered. Answer much shorter. 2 words..."ALMOST NOTHING!"...

Home owners insurance policies are unlike smart phones. Smart phones have an app for that. Home owners policies have an >EXCLUSION< for that!!! And this and/or that too! For almost everything except rate increases!!!...

Old 03-02-17, 11:40 AM
Mark - here is the answer - ". . . . $50 flip flops marked down to $40 . . . "

I suspect they were not just what men would consider flip flops. They probably had some designer name attached i.e. Name:  flip flop.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  2.2 KB These are $295.

Old 03-02-17, 12:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know they were fancier than normal flip flops but they were still flip flops! They are nicer than what I would buy if I wanted flip flops. I care more about function than style but my wife is just the opposite - if you don't believe me, just ask her. She told me once that style was more important than comfort

Tom, my homeowners didn't go up any this past year although there was some changes. They lowered my wood stove rider $10 and increased my coverage $5k .... and the premium stayed the same

Old 03-03-17, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by marksr
They lowered my wood stove rider $10...
They charge extra if you throw in with the "green initiative"? That's nuts!

I wouldn't complain about $40 shoes. My wife just bought a $1500 sewing machine (on sale--half price!!).
I WISH she had gone shoe shopping!

Old 03-03-17, 07:41 AM
Group Moderator
more about function than style but my wife is just the opposite
Well, she chose function over style when she married you, right?

Search this Thread