Another sign customer "service" is in the toilet

Old 03-03-17, 07:38 AM
Group Moderator
Another sign customer "service" is in the toilet

Was just now at one of my regular client garages and we were shooting the breeze. They were talking about other towing companies and related two stories, one in which they were told it would cost them $10 extra to back vehicle into a parking space vice dropping in the roadway and one in which they were told (different company) that they weren't allowed to back vehicles into bays. Now, I do both of these every day of the week @ no charge and I even extend the courtesy to garages who aren't on my client list and in some cases it's my first drop off at that location. Additionally, for my client garages I move inoperable vehicles from outside to inside at no charge. I don't know how these companies stay in business sometimes.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-17, 08:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It seems to me that these days there a lot of so called pros that really only know how much the job pays even though they really aren't that competent in that particular field. It's always amazed me how many dump truck drivers can't handle the truck off of the pavement. Been on many jobs where the builder ordered gravel for the driveway. One driver would come out and tell me [builder not there] that it's kind of muddy, can't spread it and dumps a pile of gravel while another will say it's too muddy and then proceed spreading the gravel backwards [so his truck isn't completely in the mud]

Old 03-03-17, 01:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I had a load of Veranda composite 16' lengths delivered to a jobsite on Tuesday. Granted it was lakeside with the lake in winter pull down. We are redecking a swim dock for a client. We haven't had appreciable rain in a long time. The Moffett driver said he couldn't deliver dockside (on dry land) because it would get his tires muddy. Lucky for him my helper was accepting the delivery and acquiesced to his pig crap. Had I been on the jobsite, I would have told him to take it all back to the store, and ordered from another outlet.

Old 03-03-17, 07:21 PM
Group Moderator
That's pretty much my advice to the garage owner next time some idiot gave him crap; tell him to just leave it on the truck and take it back where it came from and you'll call a tow truck driver who knows what he's doing.

Old 03-04-17, 04:44 AM
Group Moderator
Perhaps the other companies do not know how to back up. Or they don't want to wear out the reverse gear.