Just another rant about shipping

Old 03-13-17, 07:39 PM
Just another rant about shipping

Say it ain't so. I live in Western New York. I ordered this endoscope and it originated in Mississauga ,Ontario. That's just a short drive away for me. The last known point is now in Germany? I mean, that's halfway around the world. I thought that they would hand it off to USPS at Canada. They will after it gets back from Germany! Another 6 weeks? I already waited 6 weeks due to back orders.
Name:  2017-03-13 22_30_29-DHL eCommerce Tracking.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  31.7 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-17, 02:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not surprising with DHL. I live about a mile from the post office, but DHL chooses to hand off my packages to the USPS rather than delivering them. Add at least another day to my delivery time. Very frustrating. How can they make money since they have to pay the USPS for delivery?

Old 03-14-17, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Since DHL is a German company and probably uses the same kind of "hub" system as Fedex and UPS, I don't think the wait will be that long.

Remember the documentary where they mailed a FEDEX or UPS letter from an office in San Fran for next day delivery in San Fran, then traced it's route? It went to Memphis or Louisville or somewhere before coming back to SF for delivery. Seems stupid, but it's efficient.

I remember reading a while back that DHL Express would no longer be doing deliveries to your door of small packages. Freight yes, but not small stuff. Efficiency again I'm sure. I mean, USPS already goes to every home (unless you live up an impassable road on a mountain...), so why not let them do it.

What I want to know is why Norm want's to look deep into bodies with an endoscope (Wiki definition). Lol

Old 03-14-17, 02:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've had a few endoscopies, didn't know it was a diy job

Back before Medicare Part D I got some of my meds thru Canada. I'd mail them a money order, they'd get the drugs in Germany and ship them to a Caribbean island before shipping it to me. The whole process only took a week, never longer than 10 days. I was amazed that it would travel that far in such a short period.

DHL was only in my area a short while. They did attempt to deliver one package to me but the girl driving the van got scared on my driveway, tried to back down and went into the ditch. Neighbors said it took about 2 hrs total for the wrecker to get there and get the van out.

Old 03-14-17, 02:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
On a recent shipment from Los Angeles, it passed through Atlanta, then Augusta, Ga, then back to Atlanta, then back to LA, to Nashville, then to my house. I found out later it was because the shipper inadvertently left an old bar code on his box that routed it back to him in LA. Never on goofy stuff. Only on stuff I really need fast.

Old 03-14-17, 04:11 PM
What I want to know is why Norm want's to look deep into bodies with an endoscope (Wiki definition). Lol
Hmm...This opens up new vistas I've never would've thought of.

Search this Thread