Rude or Clueless or Stupid?

Old 05-23-17, 02:05 PM
Group Moderator
Rude or Clueless or Stupid?

Went to get my yearly car inspection today. The inspection station I use rents two bays of a repair garage. The apron in front of the bays has limited space. There was one car being inspected and one waiting. I pulled down to the back of the property and parked.

A person with a delivery for the garage portion parked blocking both bays of the inspection station. Just set there for a good ten minutes seemingly searching for his paper work. Finally got out and dug out the part he was delivering. Then with all the speed of a sleep deprived tortoise went about delivery. He was still there having completed his delivery but still setting in his truck after both cars were inspected.

Finally one of the drivers of the cars that had been inspected but were still blocked in went to talk to him. I thought sure that would speed him up because the drivers of both cars were county constables in uniform in marked cruisers. Got to give them credit they didn't haul his a** down to the county hotel. After asking him to move before finally moving he finished some paperwork, got out and checked his cargo and finally drove off.

Question of the day if an officer of the law said you were blocking them in and ask you to move would you just go ahead and take your time moving?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-17, 02:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never much liked being told what to do but if the one doing the telling either writes my paycheck or can take money away from me [ticket], I listen

Old 05-23-17, 02:22 PM
You have to get your car inspected every year? What are they inspecting for?

Old 05-23-17, 02:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Many states have a yearly or bi yearly safety inspection .... both to see if the vehicle is road worthy and another fee the state gets to collect

Old 05-23-17, 03:06 PM
Group Moderator
Fact: People are stupid and are many times only thinking about themselves, what they are doing, and have no idea of what is happening around them.

Case in point: While working last summer doing professional fireworks shows, I was warned about people cutting through the "fallout" area. Sure enough, family's would go under the "Caution" tape we would put up to get to the fair nearby instead of going around.

Case two: While doing parking lot maintenance on pole lights I am in a bucket truck. You think people would keep away from a truck with flashing lights and a guy up in a boom 45' in the air? Nope. They will park right next to my truck so they can save 10' of walking.

Old 05-23-17, 04:02 PM
Group Moderator
Yes, every year brakes, wipers, lights, even the gas cap is checked. Basically though the main check is done by the car's computer telling the state's computer if there is any problems with the vehicle. No stickers any more. You won't be allowed to renew your registration if there is a problem.

Old 05-23-17, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
We have to have our cars inspected every year too. It's to make sure cars are safe to be on the road. I thought it was like that every where. I'm surprised CA doesn't have to.

Anyways, I think the guy was just rude and inconsiderate. Probably thinks the world revolves around him.

Old 05-24-17, 04:31 AM
Group Moderator
I've never much liked being told what to do
Is your wife on board with that, Mark?

My tow buddy and I exchange stories about people with no regard other people's time just about daily. Not uncommon to have a tow call where the owner is away from vehicle; we exchange info and agree on a period of time before I'm at the car, usually 30-45 minutes. Often the owner is supposedly 5-10 minutes away. So I arrive a few minutes before the appointed time and then thirty minutes later am still awaiting their arrival. Even after a followup call when they say they'll "be right there" it's often another 10-15 minutes. Then I get the excuses and when I ask, "couldn't you have called me to give a heads up on being late" I get the blank stare. Once or twice I've gotten fed up and left only to get an indignant call asking me why I left! Or more frequently I have a pick up at a residence and arrive only to find the car blocked in by other vehicles, has items in it that have to be removed, can't find the keys, etc, etc. I would be embarrassed to waste someone else's time in manners like these.

Old 05-24-17, 04:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is your wife on board with that, Mark?
A conversation was relayed to me that took place on one of my wife's sister's porch. Went something like one sister stating it was awful how my wife bossed me around with another sister responding - but mark never listens

Search this Thread