#%&*#* billing dept

Old 07-22-17, 03:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
#%&*#* billing dept

Some of you probably remember the ongoing issues I've had with the hospital conglomerate billing dept. Thought everything was finally squared away and today I get a past due bill from when I went to the ER in May. I paid 1/2 the 1st week of June and the other half the 1st week of July. Today I got a past due bill stating "paying in full immediately will ensure this bill doesn't go to collections" I also got a bank statement in today's mail showing they cashed the final check 2 weeks ago. They sent out bills on the first of each month, this was the 3rd bill.

I wonder how many folks they bill again and get them to pay it a 2nd time

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-17, 06:38 PM
Group Moderator
Try to calmly work it out. If you can't then get a TV station consumer affairs reporter involved.

Old 07-23-17, 02:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Over all I'm a fairly common person but when it comes to this company and their accounting procedures, they raise my blood pressure For now I'll let it ride but if I get another bill or it gets turned over to a bill collector - it will hit the fan!

Old 07-23-17, 06:23 AM
Send them proof that the checks were cashed and services paid for. Then add the remark that any future billings will be considered harassment and legal action will be forth coming. Put it in writing and send copy to hospital and insurance company. Request a replay within 10 days or legal action will commence. I'm willing to bet you will get immediate action and satisfaction.

PS...Although it may be an idle threat, in most cases I've found it to be very effective.

Old 07-23-17, 11:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've produced copies of the cancelled checks before with billing disputes I've had with them - it carries no weight. Last time they claimed that the canceled check I wrote in May had to be applied to a past due balance the following August

The girls at blue cross are kinder than me and claim that billing dept is staffed by new people