time for a new doctor

Old 10-02-17, 01:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
time for a new doctor

My wife went to the doctor this morning. She's beenc omplaining that her ribs and lung hurt and I guess the doctor jumped to conclusions and gave her a nitroglycerine which made her heart go crazy, gave her an EKG then called an ambulance and had her carted off to the emergency room.. The ER ran a bunch of tests and concluded there was nothing wrong with her heart but she does have a touch of bronchitis.

I often accompany my wife to the doctor but didn't today as she is doing better than she had been plus she wanted to go shopping after she got done at the doctors. Basically we wasted an afternoon and who knows how much money Thankfully there isn't anything major wrong with her!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-17, 01:43 PM
Group Moderator
Health care is like any other business - if you don't like the provider, switch to a new one.

I would be switching after this as well.

Nitro gives one helluva headache as well....

Old 10-02-17, 01:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
She was complaining of a headache - that explains it.

Just wish switching wasn't such a pain, many practices don't like to take on new medicare patients.

Old 10-02-17, 01:56 PM
Group Moderator
many practices don't like to take on new medicare patients
Yeah, that's the truth - heavy paperwork requirements and the threat of fines and/or federal imprisonment if you don't do it all properly and you get a pretty lousy payment in return.

Old 10-02-17, 02:06 PM
One of the things I like about living in an urban area is no shortage of doctors. Of course it also helps to have one of the best medical schools in the country in my back yard.

Old 10-02-17, 02:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
A new doctor is a good idea. However, most of them were cut from the same cloth. I stick with alternative practitioners.

Old 10-02-17, 02:14 PM
Group Moderator
There's no perfect place to live - that area has gotten very crowded in the nearly 40 years since I moved away but you are certainly correct, Joel.

Old 10-02-17, 02:18 PM
Agreed, VERY crowded. I'm glad I am retired and don't have to fight the traffic on a daily basis. Even the few times I do go out I try to avoid the peak commute times as much as possible.

Old 10-02-17, 02:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I remember the big city traffic jambs - don't miss them one bit!

Old 10-03-17, 10:29 AM
I swore off my doc after he did a mole biopsy and covered the incision with a piece of tape. Not a butterfly closure. Not even gauze under the tape. Just tape. You can imagine what happened when I pulled off the tape (and the blood clot that was stuck to it.) Oh, and then at the follow-up, he handed me the biopsy results (all 4 pages) to read, and then asked me what the diagnosis was.

Search this Thread