More delivery rants.

Old 12-14-17, 05:51 PM
More delivery rants.

A couple of weeks ago I was expecting a package from Amazon. Finally, about nine PM I checked the tracking and it stated it had been delivered and personally handed to the homes occupant. I look out on the front porch and there it is. No one knocked or rang the doorbell. I DID send a nastygram to Amazon for whatever good it might do.

Today I was expecting a package that supposedly required a signature, this time to be delivered by USPS. Again, no door bell and no knock. Checking the tracking it states it was handed to a person at the address. I haven't yet checked my mail box parcel locker but I suspect that is where it is; it sure isn't on my porch.

Why is there so much lying these days?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-17, 05:58 PM
Deal with it, any delivery company is dealing with Temps.
There business has grown by at least 25% since last year.

Old 12-14-17, 06:05 PM
You misunderstand, Joe. I don't care if the package was left on my porch or if it was delivered to the secured package locker. What irritates me is the LYING when it states the package was hand-delivered to me.

Old 12-14-17, 06:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Joe, How about them just stating where they put it rather than stating false information? I mean, they gotta either write or check a box to indicate what they did with the package. Why say you handed it to someone if you didnt. You gotta write or choose an action... why not just choose what you did? Its no harder to choose "left on porch" than choosing another incorrect option. Geezzzz.....

Old 12-14-17, 06:14 PM
Group Moderator
This time of year with the package load anything is likely BUT a signature required package costs more to send because of that step. That step was not fulfilled.... that is lying.

Old 12-14-17, 07:02 PM
They only have so many options to pick from, (USPS) they don't enter their own wordage, so they pick what best describes the delivery.

Old 12-14-17, 07:12 PM
Ron, I have received packages where the tracking has stated it was left at the door and also left in the parcel locker so BOTH of those are obviously acceptable responses. Whomever delivered the package, be they holiday part time or seasoned regular postal service employee, FLAT OUT LIED by stating it was given to an occupant of the home.

Here is the exact wording used by the USPS on their tracking site.

December 14, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Delivered, Left with Individual

Old 12-15-17, 02:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Tracking always says my package was either delivered to individual or left on porch but in reality - they leave it setting on the side of the road! I order something for my wife from Amazon which was delivered a couple of days ago. I knew it was coming so I kept checking tracking. At 4:30pm it still said 'out for delivery' at 4:45pm it said delivered at 3:23pm. I drove down to the road and found a red box setting alongside the road.

Old 12-15-17, 02:23 AM
Dont know if you had read recently but now you can buy a special keyed door lock so when the packages come the delivery person is given a one time code to open the door and set package inside.

Ahhh the great benifits of mail order!

Old 12-15-17, 02:40 AM
Marq, what you describe reads like the new service that Amazon is pushing. They install a new door lock and then the delivery person calls the Amazon computer when they are at the home and the Amazon computer sends a code to unlock the door. Of course you need to be a Prime member to get this service and I don't think it is offered everywhere.

Here's another little bit of information. It took place within the last week or so. An Amazon delivery person brought the Amazon package to a person's door, dropped it off and then left with a package left by some other delivery person. It was caught on the homeowner's surveillance system. Are you SURE you want to give a delivery person entry to your home?

Take your pick as to which news story you want to read. This happened close to where I live. https://www.google.com/search?q=amaz...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Old 12-15-17, 08:01 AM
As I suspected it was in the parcel locker. I'm thinking of either writing a nastygram to the postal service or possibly taking the box with the tracking label to the local PO and asking them why the tracking stated it was left with the individual.

Old 12-15-17, 08:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
This is all part of that excellent customer service they brag on....

Old 12-15-17, 09:39 AM
Well, it is now obvious the USPS does NOT want any negative feedback. I tried sending an E-mail via their website and first it insisted that I check one of the boxes under "send a compliment" So I had to check not applicable. Then I filled in all the other requested information and hit send. Popped back that something went wrong and to try again later.

Old 12-15-17, 09:55 AM
Initiate a claim. And tell them to prove delivery.

Old 12-15-17, 09:58 AM
I might (might?) be nasty but I'm not dishonest.

Old 12-15-17, 12:59 PM
It might be worth skipping the electronic middleman and sending an actual written complaint. It can be addressed to Postmaster, PO Box 9998, City, State, Zip. (PO Box 9998 is the box for the local postmaster at every US Post Office).

Old 12-16-17, 06:39 AM
I might (might?) be nasty but I'm not dishonest.
You don't need to be dishonest. Just ask them to prove delivery.

Old 12-16-17, 11:19 AM
Norm, at this point it simply isn't worth the time or effort. I have my package and I'm quite certain that IF I even received a response from the USPS it would be along the lines of, "We don't know why this happened. We have discussed the situation with the carrier and it should not happen again. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for using the United States Postal Service."

My writing the E-mail was easy. Writing a detailed letter and then sending it via snail mail is much more work. The returns for my efforts (at best an apology, at worst no response at all) are such that it is easier, and probably healthier for me to just forget it.

And please don't forget the topic of this section, rants and raves. It is a place where anyone can complain about anything, no response is necessary and often times it is simply cathartic to spout off about crap that bothers us. I'm not really looking for anyone to offer a real solution to my mental instabilities.

Old 12-16-17, 01:43 PM
I hear ya! ______________________________________

Old 12-16-17, 03:13 PM
pojspfjewpsinfjmvperogre-q