The Mall - ugh!

Old 12-17-17, 01:17 PM
The Mall - ugh!

I normally walk at the track every day. Today the track is snow covered and I let my wife talk me into going to the mall instead. We sometimes walk the mall in the winter when the weather is too bad for the track but we usually go before most of the stores are open. Not today.

Packed with Christmas shoppers, it was impossible to walk at a normal speed. To make matters worse (much worse) my wife decided that it was a good time to do some last minute shopping. That's when I realized that I'd been had. Bargains galore and lines at every store. I have a wife that can't resist 60% off sales. Even though she knows that the stuff was probably marked up 70% before going on sale. My normal 3 mile walk takes 45-50 minutes. Today I did 2 miles in just over an hour. That doesn't include wait time while the wife did her shopping.

The topper was following closely behind a young lady (with green and blue hair and a nose ring) on a crowded escalator. Women with EEE extra wide arses should not wear yoga pants. I couldn't help staring. It was a double blivet in motion.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-17, 01:36 PM
Group Moderator
That's like "spandex is a privilege...... not a right."
But be very careful who you say that to.

Old 12-18-17, 02:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never been big on unnecessary walking although I do try to keep active. I have been at our local mall in the winter and seen a bunch of retirees walking but they closed the mall down last summer. Most of the shops have migrated to a new giant strip mall. Not sure what those that want to walk in climate control do now.

I have a wife that can't resist 60% off sales. Even though she knows that the stuff was probably marked up 70% before going on sale.
Did we marry sisters?