Baa Humbug

Old 12-25-17, 11:34 PM
Group Moderator
Baa Humbug

Just checked when an it4em ordered from Amazon would be delivered. According to tracking it was handed directly to a resident on Sunday. Well I'm the only resident and it sure wasn't handed to me. Well at least it was paid for with a gift card so I'm not out of pocket, just a wasted gift card. What a merry Christmas.

Contacted seller but don't know if that iis best thing.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-17, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator
If it was Amazon, you have a guarantee through them, even if it was just a seller on their site, at least I think so. Give thanks it wasn't Ebay. Has taken me over a month to get a refund even though Ebay banned the seller and cancelled the auction BEFORE the seller had even claimed the money, but after I had authorized payment. And Paypal is OWNED by Ebay.

Old 12-26-17, 02:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'd contact the seller, amazon and whichever delivery company was used. My youngest son's girlfriend ordered something for Christmas and when tracking showed it delivered, she complained - turns out it was delivered to the wrong address. Last year UPS claimed they hand delivered the present [Omaha steaks] her boss sent ..... they had to send out a new one which I believe UPS paid for.

Old 12-26-17, 05:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I am still waiting on a hat ordered 11/9. wanted to wear to VA hospital for the last month. Still waiting.

Old 12-26-17, 05:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'll give a brief experience with just this situation.

I ordered an item from Amazon & it was shipped UPS & it was shown delivered. I looked everywhere for that box. I even went to the neighbors houses & no box. So, I went to the local UPS office & told them what happened & took the tracking info page that I printed out. They took the info & researched it.
Turns out, that the little handheld electronic device the drivers use to indicate the package delivered, is also capable of sending a GPS location of where the package was delivered. They tracked down the delivery notification, got the GPS location, put that in google maps (or something) then used Google satellite maps to show the house where it was delivered. I went to that house & there it was under the carport by the door. They delivered it to house number 740... instead of 748.

So, go to the delivery service with the tracking number & see if they can help you find it.... or at least where it was delivered. If the item is gone, they should make it right for loosing your package.

Old 12-26-17, 03:08 PM
Group Moderator
I had a similar issue with FedEx. Had an order of light fixtures shipped to the shop. Packing slip shows 7 packages delivered but we only got 6. Called FedEx and started a claim. The missing package that was "delivered" showed up the next day. Just because they scan the package doesn't mean it got off the truck.

Old 12-26-17, 05:08 PM
Along the same lines, porch piracy has grown to near epidemic proportions. If I was to get regular shipments I think I would build a very sturdy wood or concrete holding box with a lock on it anchored to the ground big enough to hold large packages and have all items dropped into it. That I think would be a big enough deterrent for most thieves.

I just read about a guy who has invented and is selling a non-lethal exploding box to thwart porch piracy. It has yet to be determined if it is illegal or not. So far no one has tested the legality of it.

Old 12-26-17, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
So far no one has tested the legality of it.
He needs to give it a try out here in my town. He'd probably get a key to the city I mean, it IS Arizona. We carry guns. Heck, we had a local State senator who wanted to legalize sawed off shotguns for personal defense. She's a bit extreme though.

Old 12-26-17, 05:55 PM
Group Moderator
Amazon was quick to refund. Took only a phone call but it showed up today. I really want to pay now but they say just forget it and keep it.Makes me feel guilty.

Old 12-26-17, 07:00 PM
Group Moderator
porch piracy has grown to near epidemic proportions
They just caught a guy here that was doing that using a decoy package with a GPS tracker. Edina Police Catch Thief Using Bait Package With Tracker WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Heck, we had a local State senator who wanted to legalize sawed off shotguns for personal defense. She's a bit extreme though.
I never really understood the reasons for the restrictions of short barreled rifles (SBR) and short barreled shotguns (SBS).

@ray - You could buy another one, or a different item from the same seller?