delivery rant

Old 01-14-18, 04:53 AM
delivery rant

A week ago yesterday I had planned to go to the hardware store for the parts to repair our leaking kitchen faucet. But the roads were bad, and it's only an occasional drip, not hurting anything yet, so decided nah, I'll just call Delta when they open and have them ship the parts to me. I knew what I wanted and she was very helpful, so in less than a minute or so I was done. And, of course, I received an email confirming the order and providing a tracking number. It's being shipped via UPS/USPS, so I didn't think about it much until after the mail came yesterday and still no parts. I opened the email, clicked on the tracking link, and instantly understood some of the previous delivery rants I have read. According to the link, the packages was at a USPS facility within 40-50 miles of me Thursday morning, and as of yesterday afternoon it is in Pittsburgh, PA, about 300 miles away!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-18, 06:47 AM
I'm a bit miffed on a current delivery also. I ordered one of those cheap dial indicators. I specifically filtered that it be USA shipping origin. Delivery was expected between Jan 11 and Jan 18. My latest update now says Jan 29. There were other units from Asia that could've better served my needs but for the long delivery.