Winch jumped the spool

Old 04-02-18, 03:38 PM
Winch jumped the spool

What was suppose to be a 15 minute job turned into an all day project. Thought I would pull my trailer out of the back yard and set it up to bring in the trailer and UTV to Cabelas for servicing and inspection. In the process of using the winch to pull the trailer out of the 8 foot gate entrance I was so concerned about not hitting the fence that I didn't see the cable jump the spool and tangle up. Spent about an hour trying to untangle cable before I decided I had to remove it from the UTV and take apart the winch to untangle the unit. Taking that unit out and re-installing is a bear. Finally got it fixed up and at least got the trailer in the driveway.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-18, 03:57 PM
Group Moderator
I feel your pain. I recently switched my small tractor from having a snow plow to a mower deck. Normally it should be half an hour but no... The grease gun ran out half way through and installing a new cartridge took over an hour with me, my clothes and everything I touched covered in grease.

Old 04-02-18, 03:59 PM
It's the easy jobs that are pain.

Old 04-03-18, 02:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
...... and why is it everything seems to take longer not that we have a lot of experience

Search this Thread