crooked accounting

Old 05-10-18, 10:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
crooked accounting

As some of you know I don't think much of our local water company but then it's not like we have options.

The water company's server went down a month or so ago so they sent the bills out late but billed us for 2 months then they went back to regular billing. That means we've paid for 6 months of water so far this year Now that doesn't really affect me as I'm paying for water usage but my son is a truck driver and never uses the minimum amount. That means if nothing else goes wrong in billing he'll pay for 13 months of water this year

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-18, 05:27 PM
Nothing crooked about it. You pay a minimum service charge just to have the service whether you use it or not. And It seems you pay a months advance. Not unlike a bank charging to maintain a checking or saving account. Or the internet via Comcast or Spectrum. Use it or not. The other choice is to dig your own well. But how does that compare? Initial cost to dig the well. Cost of pump. Cost to run the pump. Most likely a water softener or conditioner and it's maintenance. I'm betting the water dept cost is a lot easier to swallow if you will.

Old 05-10-18, 06:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think my water bill is minimum $21 per month. Does not include sewer or garbage etc... only water. Since August, I think I have only been over minimum once by $5...

Old 05-11-18, 02:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You pay a minimum service charge just to have the service whether you use it or not. And It seems you pay a months advance
I understand minimum billing but we do not pay in advance, they read the meter and then send out the bill. 1/8/18 payment was for December, 2/5 for January, 3/29 was for February and March [double bill] 4/12 for March and then 5/10 for April. My bills were for actual water used, my son isn't home much so he pays the minimum bill. It just irks me that they charged him for one month twice!

Old 05-11-18, 03:40 AM
3/29 was for February and March [double bill] 4/12 for March and then 5/10 for April.
I agree it seems like a double billing. He is protesting or checking it out?

Old 05-11-18, 04:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, he doesn't think it's worth pursuing. He looks at it like it isn't worth the time/effort. I'm more of a 'you cheated me and I'm not going to stand for it' type person. He might be smarter than me.