New vinyl floor, marks from Fridge

Old 08-17-03, 03:27 PM
aneled
Visiting Guest
New vinyl floor, marks from Fridge

I hope someone can help me, we had installed vinyl flooring the kind that looks like ceramic tile. Brand new, just two days ago. When we put the fridge back in place it left a long mark (white) over 6 tile designs. It ruins the whole floor and I am sick about it. Does anyone know what we can do??

Last edited by aneled; 08-17-03 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-03, 05:27 AM
Shep
Visiting Guest
Smile Frig skid marks on vinyl

Home Depot's Traffic Master tile instructions suggest using "#000 steel wool dampened with a quality vinyl cleaner" and then "touching up" with a matte finish product from Traffic Master. This might not work too well, depending on the pattern in your tile and the depth of the mark. Hopefully others will have some additional ideas. Ideally there would be a cleaning product particularly good for rubber marks that will not injure the tiles so that you wouldn't have to use the steel wool.

Before you fix the current marks, I suggest that you see if you can obtain replacement wheels for the frig (to prevent additional marks). The marks are probably at least in part due to deterioration of the rubber in the wheels. If you can't replace the wheels, in the future when you need to move the frig (for cleaning the coils, or whatever), move it immediately on to a piece of sheet metal.