vinyl tile

Old 11-25-03, 06:58 PM
sadsarah
Visiting Guest
Angry vinyl tile

My husband and I put down pre glued vinyl tile and it won't stay down. we have tried everything to get it to stay down, it slides around. what do we do to keep it down , we're to the point that we want to pull it up and put down regular vinyl.

Old 11-26-03, 06:23 AM
LisaCea
Visiting Guest
Unfortunately you have wasted your money on preglued vinyl tile. Very often this is the result.

You can try to remove all the tile, get the subfloor as clean as possible and glue it back down with clear thin spread adhesive using the EXACT sized trowel called for in the adhesive instructions. Not sure if this will work, but worth spending the $25-30 on the glue to try.

Please let this be a warning for others not to waste their money on these peel and stick DIY products!

Old 11-27-03, 06:40 AM
firebird1974
Visiting Guest
Vinyl tile

lisa, I am on the tail end of my remodel and add-on project. I still have some flooring to conquer and I can get some pre-glued tile for about .50 a square foot. I was thinking of getting it and using an adhesive along with it to make sure it sticks. Does this sound feasible?I would like to put some sort of wood lam. down in 3--5 years. but the old wallet is getting light. It has been a big undertaking. anyway cheap is good for temp.. or am I just throwing my green down the drain?

THANKS FIRE

Old 11-27-03, 11:27 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
historically peel and stick are not a good quality product.However,you can get them to last awhile,what are you oing over?At the very least you need to skim the flooring you are going over and then get a clear spread adheasive to use as well.get back to us and let us know what you intend to go over

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: