18x18 Stone like vinyl tile

Old 05-27-04, 01:02 PM
JenniferBoston
Visiting Guest
Question Help looking for: 18x18 Stone like vinyl tile

Hello all,

Months ago I found stick down tiles at Lowes that I just loved, 18x18 Novalis Travertine. (http://www.novalis-intl.com/homefashioncollection.htm - it's the first one, second row ) I bought a sample and took it home. Two weekends ago I painted the kitchen to match the tile. Today I went to Lowes to order it and was told they no longer stock it nor can they special order it. URGH. They told me to find something else. But I don't like anything else they have. So...

I called Novalis and they said the line is still available but this color has been discontinued. And Lowes no longer carries the line and they are the only one distributor in the northeast URGH.

Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to buy left over stock to do the job...I need about 300 sq feet?

OR

Can anyone suggest another similar tile? What I like about this tile specifically was that it was 18x18, the faux grout line, and the matte texture made it seem earthy not plastic.

OR

I am not familiar with vinyl flooring....am I better off that this went out of stock as someone suggested here? What is a good name brand in terms of ease of installation and quality of product? I can only afford DIY products.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Jennifer

Last edited by JenniferBoston; 05-28-04 at 03:47 AM.
Old 05-27-04, 05:01 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
www.Amtico.com

way better quality, and expect to pay for it..

that's all I got....

Old 05-27-04, 06:38 PM
JenniferBoston
Visiting Guest
florcraft - say more

I appreciate your response. But could you expand a little more? Suggestions on manufacturers? Sources something?

Thanks,

-jennifer

Old 05-28-04, 09:56 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
Amtico is a manufacturer.

also try Metrofloor...you may find it at www.armstrong.com

Old 07-03-05, 04:58 PM
mouse258
Visiting Guest
18x18 Novalis

Hi, I came across this site today looking for 18x18 floor tile. I came across your looking for this product. I never know they made tile this big. I saw it at lowes when shopping today 7-03-05. I do believe it was what you are looking for. It is also listed on the lowes web site. Thanks

Old 08-11-10, 08:52 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Roma Stone

Lowes now carries Roma Stone. It has a thicker more stone like quality and the edge is better for grouting which completes the look. Of course it costs more then Novalis, but it is very nice!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: