Replace carpet with linoleum in mobile home

Old 06-04-04, 08:09 AM
mroeglin
Visiting Guest
Replace carpet with linoleum in mobile home

My husband and I have decided to paint and replace the flooring in my son's bathroom as a weekend project - well actually I decided and he is being tagged along! I have read up on how to install the linoluem and it seems fairly easy. We have had the linoleum for a few years - found it on clearance at home depot a while back. Anyway, there is a couple questions I have. First, since we live in a mobile home and the floors are plywood, do we need to do anything special to the plywood prior to gluing the lino down? And I have read to use a 100# cement roller to make sure the lino sticks. Where can I get this or is there something else I can use?

Thanks for you help!
mroeglin

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-04, 02:44 PM
finman
Visiting Guest
Dont Waste Your Time With The 100lb Roller In A Bathroom. Some Vinyls Are Perimeter Glue Only. If You Do Purchase A Full Spread Vinyl. Let The Adhesiveget Tacky Before You Put The Vinyl Down ( 1/2 Room At A Time ) Use A Bread Roller In A Room That Size. Remove The Toilet If Possible For An Easier Install. Start Rolling In The Middle And Roll Toward The Wall To Get Rid Of The Bibbles.

Old 06-08-04, 09:57 AM
mroeglin
Visiting Guest
Thanks. We did it all on Saturday - new paint and floors. We put down 1/4 plywood over the particle board - used a floor primer too. I convinced hubby the vinyl tiles would be easier. So we found some on sale and it looks great! We did use my rolling pin. Also took out the toilet - almost screwed up my cutting the hole out of the plywood in the wrong spot. luckily it was still under the toilet so no problem. Now I am ready to do the master bath and maybe even tackle putting the wood planks in the bedroom. It was a lot of fun!

Old 06-08-04, 11:42 AM
finman
Visiting Guest
congradulations, each job gets easier. it dosent hurt too use adhesive with vinyl tiles..small notch trowel, let adhesive get tacky before you put the tile into place