New vinyl under cabinets?

Old 09-18-04, 10:19 PM
mcovey18
Visiting Guest
Question New vinyl under cabinets?

I have gutted my entire kichen, and am putting in new flooring. I do hardwood floors, but have never attempted vinyl. Do I install it under the (soon to be) cabinets, or do I only install the vinyl up to where the cabinets are going?

Please help.

Old 09-19-04, 04:53 AM
leightnight
Visiting Guest
Talking some advice take it or leave it

If you are going to attempt the vinal yourself the least amount of cutting the better your chances of cutting booboos so defenetly leave out, and overlap old cabanet marks or if none wear new cabanet lines are going to be by two to three inches with the new vinal to compensate for any bows or not square cabanet edges.Also if you dont mind me saying make sure when glueing make sure to use atleast a 90lb roller laid on one half while turning up the other glueing fliping half back down then rolling so vinal dont move on ya.Use proper 1/8th to 3/16 notched trowel for glueing (DO NOT OVER GLUE) Good luck and have fun lol.

Old 09-19-04, 08:02 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
You want to go ahead and run the vinyl all the way back to the wall to minimize shimming of the cabinets and trying to figure out where the stove and the dishwasher will sit and did i allow enough to cover those?etc.The n you won't have to worry about cove base and the other
goodiies needed when cutting the vinyl to fit.
The size of the notch in the trowel will be dictated by the vinyl that you select ,Domco will need it's own trowel that they will provide for you if you purchase that.The other trowels will vary a little in size depending on what you buy.Make sure you use that trowel reccomended for that vinyl casuse you will see the trowel marks under the vinyl if you don't.Will you tearing out the old floor too?Make sure if you do that the new underlayment is nailed and patched and sanded according to the reccomended installation procedures

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: