Question about vinyl floor over deck in porch

Old 07-09-05, 09:49 PM
rshansen
Visiting Guest
Question Question about vinyl floor over deck in porch

We bought our house with a 3 season porch which I believe was added on at some point. It is unfinished. The walls are framed and the floor is a deck. We want to insulate it and cover the walls with tongue and grove and put vinyl tile down on the floor.

I have no idea what I am doing but I thought this would be the best was to finish the floors.

First put some sort of floor insulation down, followed by plywood, followed by the vinyl tile.

I want the porch to be as "air tight" as possible. We have a problem with moths and bugs in the summer time. Sealing the porch up form floor to ceiling will hopefully prevent that from happening.

Please guide me with your knowlege and let me know if I am on the right track or completely off. Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-05, 02:24 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any changes to structure requires running plans past the local building inspector for approval and permits. If area remains unheated and used as a three-season room, then marine grade indoor/outdoor carpet may be your best bet. Interior floor coverings tend to require year-round maintenance of temperature for best performance due to expansion and contraction issues.