ugliest floor ever

Old 07-29-05, 08:49 AM
tg5280
Visiting Guest
Question ugliest floor ever

I am in the process of renovating a space for my new business. The current floor is the ugliest ever VCT, reminiscent of my elementary school's hallways. I've shopped around and seen some vinyl and laminate that I like alright, but what I'd really dig is some sort of *concrete*. Now this seems a really basic question, but I can't find an answer anywhere. Can you put a thin-ish layer of concrete over sub-floor or does it have to go over concrete? The other issue is that this is the 1st floor, with a basement underneath, so there's nothing but wood under the nasty VCT. Is my concrete idea worth investigating or should I resign myself to new vinyl?

Old 07-29-05, 08:15 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 07-30-05, 07:50 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Most DIYers are going with floating laminate. It can be floated over top VCT and may be the easiest option for you. Products are available in wood (engineered wood) or plastic laminate that looks like wood or tile. Vinyl requires a supersmooth substrate and would require gluing down. It is available in full-spread glue down or perimeter glue down products. To get a high-quality vinyl for commercial application would probably cost you more than a floating floor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: