Removing tile adhesive from cement floors?

Old 09-05-05, 11:02 AM
Blackeyes24
Visiting Guest
Removing tile adhesive from cement floors?

I am removing tile from a cement floor in my sun room. My original hope was to paint the floor but I am having a hard time removing all the adhesive. I tried an adhesive remover from home depot but it was expensive and didnt work all that well. Some one suggested I try downy fabric softener and to be honest it is working better than the expensive stuff from home depot. Unfortunately it is not working good enough. I of course am going to try to remove as much of the adhesive as possible but I am wondering if there is something I can use to cover or prime the floor and still paint without removing all the adhesive? I cant afford to keep trying new adhesive removal products as I am currently unemployed so I am just looking to find out if there is a way to paint over everything or if I have to retile.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-05, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buy a 4 inch flooring removal razor scraper.

Use HOT water and mop the floor. Use the razor scraper to remove the adhesive residue. You are going to need to rise and extract the chemicals you used on the floor, before painting, or the chemicals you used will cause havoc with the coating you wish to apply.