12X12 Vinyl OVER 12X12 Vinyl? Stupid IDEA?

Old 10-08-05, 04:42 PM
VinylTed
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 12X12 Vinyl OVER 12X12 Vinyl? Stupid IDEA?

Hi all!
I need to put down new vinyl over my old vinyl sqaures I have now in my bathroom! I have to fix a corner near the bathtub were it has leaked and undermined the vinyl. I'm going to clean this up, and use level best for this. Now....I'm low on dough. I'de like to use a peel and stick 12X12 tile. I've been told to STILL use "Henry's" on the backs anyhow? Just what do I clean the old tile with? Should I give it a light "Scratch" with sandpaper....then clean it with De-natured Alchohal? Or what should I use as a cleaner? So....who makes the best peel and stick tile today?

Many thanks!!!! VinylTed

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-05, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the tiles are smooth and flat, then your good to go with the additional clear spread adhesive flat troweled on the old tiles. Make sure you stagger over the existing tiles seams. Don't lay a tile exactly on the tiles below.

Now, if your existing tiles have an embossed texture to the surface, you will need to skimcoat the tiles surface with an embossing leveler, to make them smooth, before your clear spread adhesive. Again stagger the tiles on top of the existing tiles.