Labor rate for installing vinyl flooring

Old 11-22-05, 04:46 PM
yddlhhd
Visiting Guest
Labor rate for installing vinyl flooring

Does anyone know what square foot labor rate can be expected for installing vinyl flooring. I am talking about the 12 foot wide vinyl flooring not tile.

Old 11-24-05, 12:04 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dont know where you are located at but I live in North east texas (Dallas metromess) I got a bid the other day to do a bathroom 8x10 , prep floor, lay flooring , trim with shoe mold $385.00

Old 11-24-05, 06:25 AM
D
A location helps. There is an area to fill out in your profile to display your location in your post just as mine is now. It would prevent us from answering questions with questions.

Old 12-05-05, 06:53 AM
Drene
Visiting Guest
I'm having my kitchen and bathroom done right now. It depends, too, on how bad the flooring is now- do they need to lay down new subflooring? Is it level? Any soft spots?
Mine: had to have 2 layers of plywood removed; replace linoleum. $350 for the kitchen(12x8 section) and $500 for the bathroom(10x8). I'm also in Texas, so the rate you were quoted seems "fair" to me.

Old 12-05-05, 08:39 AM
F
One thing that may make a difference is the choice of using quarter round instead of shoe moulding.

The shoe moulding I originally had in my house was either 1/4" or 3/8" at the bottom, depending on the room. When I redid them, I used 5/8" quarter round. It makes very little difference to me aesthetically, and it makes working around the edges much easier.

Some people like to have a bit more room to work with on the edges.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: