Subflooring sealer question

Old 11-27-05, 10:05 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Subflooring sealer question

I just ripped out all of the carpet, padding and tack strips from a house I recently purchased and want to seal the subflooring prior to deciding on my flooring options. The house is up on pilings 18 feet in the air and I am thinking that vinyl flooring might be my best option to deal with water (the house is on a bay front canal), pets and the slight movement that one can sense up in the air. The carpet was really trashed with pet urine and I have cleaned and deoderized the subflooring and was thinking of using Kilz oil based Odor killing primer. Can I use peel and stick vinyl or normal adhesives on this kind of oil based primer?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-05, 12:39 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vinyl stick tiles require a super smooth subfloor. Installing 1/4" plywood underlayment for vinyl flooring is recommended. Installing over painted subfloor may present problems with adhesion. Armstrong says to make sure the subfloor is clean and free of dust, dirt, oil and paint. Floor will need to be rolled because adhesive backed tiles are pressure sensitive. Armstrong also says that there S-185 primer over concrete and wood enhance the bond and that no additional adhesive is recommended. Read and follow the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer of your tile.