Using Henry Self-Leveling Floor Leveler

Old 12-20-05, 09:15 PM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Using Henry Self-Leveling Floor Leveler

The Lowes salesman talked me into using the Henry product to level my bathroom subfloor before installing a 1/2-inch plywood underlayment for my new vinyl tile.

Can I still nail the plywood underlayment to the subfloor through the Henry stuff? Looks like it will harden into concrete from what little I've been able to read.

Also, the bathroom floor at the single exterior wall is about 1/2 inch higher that at the center of the bathroom. From the center to the side opposite the exterior wall the floor is level. Will a liquid floor leveler even be of any use in this case??

Old 12-28-05, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take that back!!!

That guy is clueless. That stuff is for over concrete. Over wood, you have to be sure the structure can support the added weight, without busting up from movement.

If you use ", make sure it is ACX and not just AC or CDX. Birch hardwood in " thickness is the underlayment approved by the tile manufacturers.

Old 12-30-05, 12:17 PM
P
Yeah, I suspected as much.

The stuff is going back today or tomorrow.

Glad he isn't in the electrical department.

He'd do well in the garden department selling manure...

Old 01-01-06, 03:35 PM
P
One last question before I lay my new 1/4 inch plywood on the plywood subfloor - What goes between them - a sealer, a plastic moisture barrier, oil-based or latex paint, I've heard so many different things from the salesmen at the stores I'm not sure of anything anymore.

The top layer will be vinyl tiles, the room is a bathroom about 100 sq feet total.

Old 01-01-06, 06:37 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
nothing goes between them

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: