Putting marmoleum over electric floor heat

Old 01-09-06, 03:32 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Putting marmoleum over electric floor heat

I have a bunch of questions all leading up to whether we can install Marmoleum (either sheet or Click) over electric floor heat.
We just had to rip up a poorly designed wood floor that was sitting on the dirt, and are replacing it with a cement slab. We would like to have that floor heated and had originally thought of using ceramic tile. However, I much prefer the idea of linoleum because it is a softer floor surface. So, the questions are:
1. Should we use some kind of insulation underneath the cement pad?
2. Should we use insulation on top of the cement, but underneath the electric head mesh?
3. Can we install Marmoleum (preferably Click) over top of the electric heat?
4. If we use sheet marmoleum, how can we design the floor so that we don't have an telegraphing effects from the electric mesh or the cement?
5. Has anyone out there installed Marmoleum Click over an electric floor heating system?

Phew, sorry about all the questions and thanks for any help you can give!

Old 01-25-06, 04:20 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would try calling different dealers to find out if anywone has done this. I'd also talk to a Forbo rep.

I'm curious about what answers you get, so please add a post if you figure this out.

FYI, I found a lot of variation in pricing for the marmoleum products. I'm going to order mine online, and I'll save about 30% overall for the tiles compared to my only local dealer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: