Do you think this would work??

Old 01-14-06, 08:32 AM
Elizabeth M.
Visiting Guest
Do you think this would work??

As mentioned in a post I already made I have 9x9 asbestos tiling in my basement. An insane amount of rain here in Maine this fall/winter has made my basement wet for the first time. I sealed up the leaky places but the water has caused the asbestos tile to curl up in places and break off. I removed all of those parts that were damaged (I took a lot of precautions). I am going to finish off the room. Frame walls in...put in hung celing etc. I am nervous about the basement though if the work I did on the concrete faulters in a few years and do not want the floor I put in damaged. I also need to encapsolate the asbestos. I was thinking of leveling the floor out in areas with that Ardex stuff that I have read about then go over the floor with peel and stick linoleum tiles since they are cheep and if they get damaged in an area it is a very cheep fix. Would this plan work?? The basement is competely below grade and the floor and walls are concrete. Not concrete block. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-06, 09:54 AM
Elizabeth M.
Visiting Guest
Anyone..........anyone.........Bewler...........????

Old 01-15-06, 12:19 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ardex fd-f will work. You have the plan.

Old 01-16-06, 11:50 AM
Elizabeth M.
Visiting Guest
Thanks Daniel. Does anyone know where to get Ardex products?? I live in Maine. I have been to their website and they list no venders at all. They don't even list the prices or if you can buy it through them online!! Informative website.....unless you want to buy the stuff!! I did several searches on-line and can't find anything. Is there another product out there that is similar but more available??