Linoleum Kitchen Floor Caving

Old 04-01-06, 03:27 AM
ProstcksGrl
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Linoleum Kitchen Floor Caving

I have moved into a "fixer-upper" house......And I do mean that

I have numerous projects going at once.........but I have one that is URGENT!

My Kitchen floor has been soft since I moved in and now it is actually giving to the point the linoleum is ripping and some close calls have been made with feet going through the floor. I have NO IDEA where to start and what to do. I am trying to do this as a temporary long-term fix. I eventually want to have the Kitchen redone but until that project comes up, I need to get this fixed before my kitchen sinks in. The cabinets are old. I know this house well because I grew up in it......so I can tell you it is a sound structure and at one time we did have the kitchen floor redone. Right now......the cabinets are just starting to lean towards the center. I know this is from some water leakage under the sink that I have put a stop to but again, will completely redo that at the big redo time. My fridge is not leaning in and not showing any signs of trouble. The worst place is near the sink but it's expanding. So.......I would like to tear up the linoleum and replace the plywood or whatever is under there and lay some long term temp linoleum down. The kitchen and the Sunroom are my two total rebuilds that I will eventually do so I am trying to just get a so called long-short term fix. If I make any sense and someone can help me with this PLEASE HELP THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!

Old 04-01-06, 11:53 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sagging floor could mean you have problems with joists below. An investigation beneath floor for water leaks, moisture issues, and decay is in order. Repairs to joists and replacement of subfloor may be in order.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: