Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Reload this Page >

ACRYLPRO CERAMIC TILE MASTIC or Carpet and Vinyl Flooring Adheisive

Old 04-06-06, 10:41 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

This is to add duribility to self stick tiles as was reccomended.
However, someone said to go with the former, even though it is for ceramic. Can someone please finalize this?
Which glue one should I use to beef up self sticking tiles?

Old 04-08-06, 01:53 PM
D
Prime with Henry 430 clear spread, flat trowel

Old 04-10-06, 08:10 PM
P
Please Help

So this will actually make for a better stick with Self Adheisive?
I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anybody.
By The Way, the current underlayment is 3/4 inch plywood with water based grey latex floor paint. Please if someone can verify this I couldn't even get a goog google response. Thanks Dainel!

Old 04-11-06, 09:54 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I am currently getting ready to start the same project w/ the self stick tile due to the terrible condition of our current kitchen floor and a huge budget due to a new addition coming to our family! I have 9x9 asbestos tile now and the subfloor is a hardboard of some sort. NOT LUAN OR PLYWOOD. It is mounted shiny side down. I need a little extra strength to hold these tile. I have 2 tile down on the subfloor now that seem to be holding pretty good. But I wanna make sure they will stay there for about 3 yrs or so. B/c then I am gutting the kitchen knocking walls out stuff like that. So I will be getting a glue of some sort and if anyone knows what kind/name brand anything please post!!!!!! THANK YOU

Old 04-11-06, 12:45 PM
P
Theoretically anyway it would seem to make sense to use the same kind as on the tiles because of weird reactions combining different glue. So, in that sense Henry's 430 would probably be the best bet; right everyone: the whole world of stick tile users. Is there another forum like this somewhere?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: