Yes/No adding Henry's 430 primer/glue for self stick tiles

Old 04-11-06, 07:11 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes/No adding Henry's 430 primer/glue for self stick tiles

I can't seem to get many straight answers out of any body no body likes these self stick tiles.

Old 04-11-06, 11:10 AM
P
What kind of self-stick tiles do you have?

Old 04-11-06, 12:42 PM
P
Parkay Wood Patttern imported by Achim: Tivoli Tiles

Last edited by Plum; 04-11-06 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-11-06, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I know. They are a quick fix and I am doing the same by putting a thin layer of glue down w/ a smooth edged trowel. If you have a lowes they carry HENRY's and also the guy said that Armstrong makes a glue that will work w/ those tiles!!! Just don't use a notch trowel b/c glue will ooze out onto the edges of the tile. I just bought 250 sq. ft of these tile made by armstrong. Seem to be thicker than the sheet linoleum!! But what I am doing is tearing up the asbestos floor and putting a skim coat on the subfloor where the joints meet. Cleaning it of debri and everything and laying them down. I will probably have to skim coat the areas that have glue still stuck on the subfloor. Good luck

Old 04-15-06, 07:22 PM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Plum
I can't seem to get many straight answers out of any body no body likes these self stick tiles.
Yeah, I know. But if you follow the manufacturer's instructions, prime with whatever the manufacturer recommends, and have a nice, clean floor just before you lay the tiles, you'll do okay. So will the tiles.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: