Enclosed porch flooring options

Old 06-17-06, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Enclosed porch flooring options

I have an enclosed porch that's not very big, 9 x 7.5. It is poorly built but has to remain for now due to finances but I am trying to make it look a bit more friendly. I've painted over the ugly panelling and am now stuck with the floor.

I had originally bought alkyd floor and porch enamal to paint over the old floor but It will not adhere to the previously painted/stained mdf and plywood floor. So I am wondering what would be the best route. Was considering vinyl or lino or even the stick em tiles. The floor is probably not level and is warped but not really noticably so (unless you're sanding it.)

So my questions are
Will a decent quality stick em tile last two or three years under moderate traffic?
Can these tiles be adhered to a surface such as this? Or are there other prep steps I need to do?
Would vinyl or lino sheet be a better option?
Should I just go and try and find another type of paint and put on a few coats?

Ahh, frustrating I just want it done.
Thanks, Kara

Old 06-18-06, 03:12 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If wanting something that will last only a couple years, sanding to rough up surface, priming with a couple coats of Zinnser, and then painting with porch paint should meet your current needs. Before sanding make sure floor is stripped of any waxes, oils, and soil.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: