Help with underlayment for Vinyl Flooring

Old 07-04-06, 09:04 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with underlayment for Vinyl Flooring

I am finsihing an Advantech 3/4 inch subfloor today and would really like to apply the vinyl tiles directly. Huber wood's website say's there are examples where commercial tiles have been directly applied to Advantech. But on another section they say 1/4 inch underlayment is recommended. Can someone please help? What is a good glue match for Advantech as an underlayment. Of course in my case I have self stick tiles and would like to add a swipe of Henry 430 clear. Is this a bad experiment? I dread another 1/4 inch and the money and especailly if it is unnessicary. The Advantech ois so smooth already and so porus.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-06, 05:09 PM
T
Follow tile manufacturer's recommendations for subfloor, subfloor prep, adhesive, acclimation, and installation instructions.

Old 07-06-06, 02:15 AM
P
That was a big help

Old 07-06-06, 06:55 PM
D
1/4" underlayment is always used by professional installers on advantech. Staple it to the subfloor with staples that are just shy of penetrating the bottom of the subfloor. Staple every 2" perimeter and 6" in the field. If I were installing it I'd prime with 430 and let it dry completely before placing tiles.