congoleum flooring patch (Seam Sealer & Adhesive)

Old 07-15-06, 05:09 PM
oobagah
Visiting Guest
Question congoleum flooring patch (Seam Sealer & Adhesive)

We just had a new congoleum floor put in our dining room and kitchen about a month ago and it already has a seam coming loose. The company that installed it wants to charge me for fixing it. I have done some research and know I can probably do a better job myself, but I don't know where to find the sealer and adhesive that I'm suppose to use on the congoleum. The congoleum site says I should use the recommended adhesive but doesn't say what that is, and also number SU105 congoleum sealer. I wrote to the congoleum site but so far haven't received an answer. Can anyone tell me what kind of adhesive they recommend and where to get it. I also need to know where to buy the sealer.

Old 07-28-06, 07:20 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installer should have guaranteed installation. Manufacturer's recommended adhesive and seam sealer should have been used. Sealing seams is part of a professional installation. Call the retailer where you purchased the flooring if they were the ones who sent the installers to your home. If you hired installers that did not have the retailer stand behind the installation guarantee, then getting them back to your house to correct a less than professional installation may be a challenge. If you DIY, then Congoleum's recommended adhesive and seam sealer for your particular floor covering selection can be ordered through a Congoleum retailer.

Old 07-30-06, 02:42 PM
oobagah
Visiting Guest
Thank you for the reply

The company we bought the flooring from had their own people to install it. When we contacted them about the seam they wanted $50.00 to come out and look at it. Needless to say we won't be doing any more business with them. We were able to find the information we needed at Lowe's store, and they ordered the kit for us, and everything worked out fine. Thank you for writing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: