Vinyl floor by Bathtub- Bubbles/lifting

Old 08-02-06, 10:05 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vinyl floor by Bathtub- Bubbles/lifting

We had our floors installed by Lowes.. first mistake.. roughly a year ago we bought our home and replaced the 20 yr old vinyl floor w/ new Congoleum flooring.. well just last week I noticed that the seam around the bathtub which is sealed w/ chaulk is bubbling in areas, no discoloration like it's gotten wet underneath but almost like the glue/adhesive has let go. I tried to call lowes and of course because it's been over a year they don't think there's anything we can do. Someone did suggest that I go to a flooring store and you can get a syringe w/ adhesive and inject the areas that are lifting and then put weight on top until dry. It's not pulling away from the tub or curling yet but I'm afraid if I don't get it fixed, I'll have to replace. Any advice or tips? Tks.

Old 08-03-06, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
best thing to do is to install some kind of moulding along the tub edge

Old 08-03-06, 04:38 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Cut out silicone caulk and clean surfaces with solvent cleaner. Use blow dryer to heat edge of vinyl to release so that you can get adhesive under the edge. Once released, inspect for moisture. If there are no moisture issues, apply adhesive with putty knife. Press down and rub repeatedly to squeeze out excess adhesive. Place board on top of vinyl and place heavy objects on it to weight down and to make sure vinyl adheres. Once adhesive is dry, remove weight and seal gap with silicone caulk.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: