stain showing from underneath vinyl/ linoleum kitchen floor

Old 08-31-06, 10:58 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question stain showing from underneath vinyl/ linoleum kitchen floor

I hope I'm doing this correctly, this is my first time signing on....

Here's the problem my wife and I are hoping we can get some help with.

In one area of our kitchen, just infront of the sliding patio door, there is a stain that we noticed a few months ago. The stain was about six inches long and about 2 inches wide when we first noticed it, but it is now about 12 inches long and 3-4 inches wide. A purple color appears to be "bleeding' through the flooring from underneath it, and nothing we use seems to remove the stain from the vinyl/linoleum.

We're not sure if this is from mold, or possibly rust comming from something that may be in the concrete foundation. (We just don't know what to make of it)

Is this something anyone else has experienced? If so, please give us your thoughts or recommendations ASAP.

Thanks -- Arthur

Old 09-01-06, 05:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 408 Votes on 364 Posts
Welcome to the forums Arthur

Sounds like moisture is getting under the vinyl [either leak or condensation] causing mold. Since it is growing from underneath there is no way to just wash it off. The vinyl will probably need replacing.

Before you go that far you need to determine why it is getting wet under the vinyl. The fix may be a simple as caulking around the outside of the door frame and sill. Make sure the door shuts properly and weatherstripping is inplace and in good condition.

Old 09-01-06, 08:28 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank You

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the info. you provided.

I'll look into this right away.

Arthur

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: