i need some help!(identifying a tile)

Old 09-25-06, 08:32 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i need some help!(identifying a tile)

i'm taking interior decorating, i have a tile sample and i'm not quite sure what kind it is. i'm doing an assignment on flooring.

okay, the tile is a stick down, it has a slight texture, it's very very thin. it looks like a really thin picture on a black sticky piece. i know im not being very descriptive but i'm really lost on this one. the girl who gave it to me said it was linoleum, but i just wanted to double check.

any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Old 09-28-06, 12:58 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vinyl self-stick tiles are a low-cost flooring option for the DIYer. These are often found at home centers and flooring retailers.

Linoleum is often incorrectly used to describe vinyl floor covering. Linoleum is a very durable floor covering that is manufactured from linseed oil and other natural components. Because it is made from 'natural' ingredients and is biodegradable, it is gaining popularity again. With proper care, it can last as long as 40 years or more, far outlasting vinyl floor covering products.

If researching floor covering, you will find a wealth of info online. A visit to several floor covering stores as a 'shopper,' should also provide you with info on the different types of floor covering options there are, their cost, and info on ease of installation for the DIYer, care and maintenance, off-gassing of VOCs, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: