Self Stick Tile Over Concrete Slab

Old 10-01-06, 03:47 PM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Self Stick Tile Over Concrete Slab

Ok here is my project
I began to remove vinyl peel and stick tile in my downstair and planned on putting down new peel and stick tile. Under the peel and stick was an older adhesive applied tile (black adhesive).

The older adhesive applied tile was installed over a concrete slab and seem to be holding very well until I stood in one spot and tile started to come up. First one tile, then two. I am now thinking about taking this layer up as well so I do not have problems later on.

My question then is can the peel and stick be applied over the concrete slab???

Old 10-04-06, 11:48 AM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
self stick/concrete

Originally Posted by ycart
Ok here is my project
I began to remove vinyl peel and stick tile in my downstair and planned on putting down new peel and stick tile. Under the peel and stick was an older adhesive applied tile (black adhesive).

The older adhesive applied tile was installed over a concrete slab and seem to be holding very well until I stood in one spot and tile started to come up. First one tile, then two. I am now thinking about taking this layer up as well so I do not have problems later on.

My question then is can the peel and stick be applied over the concrete slab???
>>I thoughly cleaned my bathroom concrete floor then applied peel and stick tiles. I used a caulk that was similiar in color to the tiles and put just a dab on the corners and in the middle. The project was successful.

Old 10-17-06, 01:03 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What about cleaning the tiles??? Is it hard to keep up with concrete underneath?

Old 10-17-06, 01:17 PM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
peel + stick

Originally Posted by jaslken
What about cleaning the tiles??? Is it hard to keep up with concrete underneath?
The concrete was not an issue as it is not visible or touchable. A damp mop with a little cleaner like 409 was all that was necesary.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: