Vinyl floor tile for backsplash?

Old 03-16-07, 07:43 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vinyl floor tile for backsplash?

Hi, I am wanting to create a cheap and easy backsplash and do not want to get into the cost or work with ceramic tile. Is it possible to create a backsplash with vinyl floor tile? Are there any special concerns to doing this and can I use it behind a stove?

TIA

Old 04-07-07, 01:52 PM
A
Linoleum Backsplash too

I am planning to try it too. It sounds pretty easy but I can't figure out how to cover the raw edges if the tile has to end mid wall. Please let me know if you have any luck. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-07-07, 09:38 PM
G
My parents did it about 40 years ago in their house when they moved thier kitchen. It wnet up pretty easy, but got real old, real quick. It would start separating at the seams.

Go to you local big box store and look at a product called FRP (fiberglass reenforce panel) . It come in 4x8 sheets and goes up like paneling, but has a specific adhesive. It's used all the time in commercial bathrooms. Come in white, but could be painted also.

Old 04-09-07, 06:57 AM
C
I have decided not to do this to my kitchen. Right now its just painted and I am not too sure what I will do, the panel sounds interesting, is it easy to cut?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: