Lino dips and dents!

Old 04-20-07, 01:51 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lino dips and dents!

Hello,could anyone advise please?
I have just had new lino laid in my small kitchen area.
My cooker does not fit snuggly between my work surfaces and so consequently i need to pull my cooker out often to Cleon under it and along the sides.

This caused no problem with my old lino but has already made a unsightly larger' dip' on my new flooring!
I have tried putting jam jar lids on the cooker feet but the cooker will not glide out!

1/Can anyone advise how i remove this large dip in my new lino?
2/Can anyone advise what i can put on my cooker feet to protect them from damaging my new floor.
Thankyou
Leesa

Old 04-20-07, 02:43 PM
T
New floor covering may be cushioned back and of softer material than old floor covering. The thicker the cushion, the more likely the flooring will dent. Place cooker feet on fabric-backed furniture cups so that it can be easily slid out and in. Furniture cups are found at home centers.

Old 04-25-07, 02:53 AM
F
your old resilient was probably an inlaid and your new one is a rotovinyl somewhat softer.

That said, you should NEVER move ANY appliance over ANY resilient sheet flooring without floor protection.

Go to a local hardware store, lumber yard, or home improvement retailer and buy a sheet of luan or 1/4" underlayment plywood.

Cut it for the size of your area in from of your cooker, a little wider than the feet, then lay it down and slide the cooker out on top of it. This will prevent future damage by spreading out the weight of the appliance over the whole board instead of only at the feet or protector "cups" some whould recommend using. Store it beside or behind a fridge or door or in a closet until; you need it. Then reuse it again and again.

As to fixing the existing damage, get the floor guys back out to cust a patch in the vinyl and seal the seams. A good vinyl mechanic should be able to do this so its almost invisible, but if it isnt, remember it is a repair.

Old 04-25-07, 03:42 AM
F
also ensure the plywood is smooth. if any rough spots sand it or pay down a old towel of blanket so it doesnt scratch the floor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: