Cleaning a floating vinyl floor

Old 06-23-07, 12:32 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Cleaning a floating vinyl floor

I have a floating vinyl floor that looks like hardwood. It is starting to lose its shine and streak when I clean it. The installer suggested Mr. Clean, and someone else suggested vinegar and water. Neither has been satisfactory. I would welcome suggestions.

Old 06-23-07, 12:53 PM
S
If you know the brand, check with the manufacturer. Most of them make their own cleaning products to go with their own wear layer. I've found that they actually work the best. These homemade solutions are just less than satisfactory.

Old 06-23-07, 01:13 PM
T
It's always best to follow the manufacturer's recommended care and maintenance instructions. The use of improper cleaning products and the failure to rinse to remove cleaning product residues can dull and soften finish over time and can cause discoloration. Residues left on floor can also cause streaking, footprints, and attract soil. Mop and rinse a section at a time before moving on to the next section. Toss an old towel on the floor to buff dry.

For additional info, read what the World Floor Covering Association says about vinyl care and maintenance: http://www.wfca.org/Resilient/Care.aspx

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: