Self Leveler for Linoleum Install

Old 07-23-07, 02:56 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Self Leveler for Linoleum Install

Hi! My husband and I are getting ready to install a linoleum floor. However, there is a spot that over the past 35 years has dipped an inch in one spot. We have Levelquik to level it with, but it says to use a primer, which we don't have and the clerk said we didn't need. The leveler is going on a mdf subfloor . . . and I'm thinking we should wait until we have the primer. Does anyone know? Any help is much appreciated, as we aren't getting any from them.

Thanks
Mari

Old 07-23-07, 04:24 PM
S
On concrete a primer is needed. It isn't so critical on wood, but certainly can't hurt. Your call. I do have a question. Are you really putting down Linoleum or just Vinyl that you're calling Linoleum? They are two different products and use different installation methods. Linoleum in today's world is actually used fairly rarely, is fairly pricey, and the product being used is usually vinyl. Level Quick is a good product. It likes to be mixed pretty soupy. Mix it, pour it into the area to be leveled, screed it with one pass, and then leave it alone. After it sets up you can feather out the edges with Ardex Feather Finish.

Old 07-23-07, 05:37 PM
M
The floor we are installing is called a fiber floor. It was on a roll at the store, and has fiberglass inside it to flatten out naturally. All we have to use is double side tape and seam sealer for the floor itself. It was the leveler we were having questions about. If you can do it without a primer, then we have no problem. Do you install it 1/4" at a time, or just all at once?

Thanks
Mari

Old 07-23-07, 06:04 PM
S
OK, Fiber Floor is one of the new "no glue" vinyl floors and you'll love it. It's way easy to install and very floor prep forgiving. As to whether you need to do it in 1/4 inch lifts, read the instructions. It's been a while since I've used Level Quick and I can't remember. But, the instructions on the bag should tell you. They should also tell you if you need primer between lifts.

Old 07-23-07, 07:55 PM
M
Thanks Smokey, we are going to try the leveler tomorrow. Following the bag instructions. As you said, and the man at the store said, we don't need the primer on the floor itself, we will see what happens.

Mari

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: