Levelquik to prep for vinyl?

Old 08-18-07, 02:12 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Levelquik to prep for vinyl?

I would like to install either vinyl sheet or vinyl tile in my bathroom over existing vinyl tile. The existing vinyl tile has gaps and bumps that I know will show through, so I was wondering if I could just pour levelquik over the entire surface (it's a VERY small bathroom) and then install the new vinyl on top of that. I'm not very experienced, but really want to do this project by myself, and plywood underlays sound like more work than I can handle. Any thoughts or ideas?

Old 08-18-07, 08:35 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tear the vinyl tiles out, smooth the sub floor as much as you can, final patch it with Ardex feather finish, and then install either a good grade of VCT, (vinyl composite tile), or a no glue vinyl. No underlayment required with either of these. If it were my project, I'd go with the no glue sheet vinyl. It's very quick and easy to install and much more floor prep forgiving. Here's a picture of one I recently installed.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/Smokey49/vinylprep024.jpg

There's a little more to the prep than I've listed here, but not much. If you want simple and relatively quick, this is it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: