embossing leveler over vinyl

Old 03-20-08, 05:40 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
embossing leveler over vinyl

I am in the process of putting peel-and-stick over existing vinyl. I am using Armstrong S-194 (with S-195 additive) to level the embossing on the existing vinyl. I followed the instructions, and let it dry. I scraped the high/rough spots with a scraper, and was getting ready to lay tile.

I noticed that if I took a wet cloth and rubbed on the leveler and tile, it would wipe off. Is this normal (it seems odd that it might be)? any recommendations on how to use this?

thank you

Old 04-06-08, 01:46 PM
T
Did you properly prepare the old vinyl to receive new. Old vinyl has to be stripped of all oils, soils, and waxes. Then, it should be scarified (sanded) to provide tooth for adhesion of the leveler. Vacuum with shop vacuum to make sure there is no dust or debris on the floor.

Old 04-20-08, 12:31 PM
J
The same thing happened to me just now.

I'm installing a new vinyl tile floor and used Armstrong Patch, Underlayment and Embossing Leveler S-194 to repair the plywood subfloor around the bathroom toilet. I noticed that it remains water soluble comes off when it gets wet.

I'm thinking that if water should get under the tiles they will pop right up. Should I use some type of primer on top of this product? Should I just remove it and use something that cures to be not water soluble? Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: