Waterproof flooring

Old 03-23-08, 06:02 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Waterproof flooring

Hello!

Can someone provide honest information regarding Konecto flooring? We need to update our floors and have been told that Konecto is waterproof. We have several older dogs with urinary issues. Can anyone recommend the best type of flooring for us?

Thanks once again!

DannyD

Old 03-23-08, 09:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi Danny,

I don't have any personal experience with this flooring. I looked around on the web, but didn't find anything on the first page.

Try searching for consumer review or consumer report with Konecto.

I watched the video, and it looks promising, but you know...if it looks too good to be true...

Some of the pros may have an answer for you, so check back later.

Connie

Old 03-23-08, 09:48 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
I'd wait until the dogs were gone before installing new flooring.

Old 03-24-08, 01:24 PM
D
Waterproof flooring

Thanks to all who responded.

I must say that I was hoping for a more creative response from a group moderator.

Old 04-06-08, 02:47 PM
I am putting down the HD Traffic Master Allure in my rental, I have read many pros and cons...and have decided that I need to just jump in and see for myself.

Good luck.

G

Last edited by Shadeladie; 04-06-08 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Removed unwarranted comments
Old 04-06-08, 03:09 PM
T
Read your warranty. I believe that you will find that the warranty does not cover excessive moisture. One issue with planks and dog urine is that urine can penetrate gaps between planks and settle into subfloor below. Thus, trapped urine in an area that can not be cleaned. Urine odor will be most noticeable on warm, humid days.

Most pet owners tend to find that sheet vinyl works best with pets and offers easy clean up and prevention of urine pentration to subfloor. Ceramic tile is also a durable option, but grout needs to be kept sealed as it is porous and absorbent.

Old 04-06-08, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
This something that I've always wondered...why did the laminate flooring industry move away from the glue joints to the click together? My Pergo glue together had almost invisible seams, and was very forgiving of wet mopping or snow melt. I can't believe the click type is as good at that. Also I've notice that the click together that I've seen (granted, not many), have more noticeable seams/joints.

Is it just the ease of installation?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: