refinishing no-wax floor

Old 05-06-08, 05:50 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
refinishing no-wax floor

Any ideas? We have a not very old, top-of-the-line no-wax floor that needs help. The finish is worn through in many spots, but not on the entire floor, creating a dull, splotchy effect. I don't have the money to replace the floor. Are there any products that I can use to refurbish/refinish our floor so that it looks better?

Old 05-06-08, 06:38 AM
S
Top of whose line? Joe the rag man's "top of the line" will probably not measure up to Armstrong's "bottom of the line". Any good manufacturer's "top of the line" will be warranted against such things for many years. If the material is from a reputable manufacturer and is indeed not very old, it should be covered under warranty. I am unaware of anything you can use to bring it back to life, but then, there are lots of things on the market I'm unfamiliar with.

Old 05-06-08, 07:51 AM
R
I am not sure what "line." I have to look that up. The floor is about 10-14 years old.

Old 05-06-08, 01:30 PM
T
14 years is quite a long time for vinyl floor covering finish in high traffic areas. Loss of gloss and dulling of finish will occur depending on traffic, care and maintenance. There are commercial strippers, sealers, and polishes available at janitorial supply stores. Armstrong recommends their Shinekeeper Floor Polish.

Old 05-08-08, 12:40 AM
I agree 14 years is old for residential. Once you start refinishing it with finish, you will have to maintain it. There are chems available to use to strip and then apply finish to it. Or there are professionals who can do that for you.

Most home improvement stores will have these chemicals on stock.

Old 05-09-08, 04:54 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have rewaxed manya no-wax floors with acrylic floor wax. I put on about 2 or 3 coats. Really shines, and lasts for quite a while. Goes on really quick. $5 goes a long ways. I deal with lots of rentals that see lots of abuse. I also get out those black cut lines first in the floor with bleach/scrubber brush, after bleach sets for a while, before waxing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: