Extremely Slippery Linoleum

Old 09-26-08, 10:58 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Extremely Slippery Linoleum

I have linoleum in my bathroom which all of a sudden has become like an ice rink. i have cleaned it numerous times and have even scoured it to try and make it non-slip again. Nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can use on this as i am fed up of picking my son up off the floor!!!

Thanks!!!

Old 09-30-08, 09:56 PM
S
Cool

What are you cleaning it with? You state that all of a sudden it became slick, so what did you do that caused this? It wouldn't just do such without some help.

Is it ONLY slick when WET feet come in contact with it?

Do you use hair spray in the room, do you use a perfume spray to remove odors, or spray the shower glass door if one is in the room?

I am not picking on you.

Dale in Indy

Old 10-02-08, 06:57 PM
A
Originally Posted by Smith Brother View Post
It wouldn't just do such without some help.
True. What did you do?!

Old 11-06-08, 06:19 AM
M
Me Too...

My bathroom floor has been this way. with or without socks. this is when its dry. Its new linoleum. I have used sprays for my hair. the floor has been washed and scrubbed, but it is still the same. any suggestions?

Old 11-06-08, 01:17 PM
T
"I have linoleum in my bathroom which all of a sudden has become like an ice rink." Floor cleaners can leave residues that make floor slick. Even if the cleaning product is one of the 'no rinse' products, rinsing is recommended to remove residues which can make floor slick, build up, soften and/or dull finish over time. Cleaners that contain wax or poly can also build up over time and make surface slick.

Hairspray overspray can build up on vinyl or linoleum floors, resulting in surface becoming slick. The lacquer in hairsprays tends to set up and can be difficult to remove.

Use a vinyl/linoleum floor stripper. Although these are sold in cleaning aisles, the best are sold at janitorial supply stores. Floor can then be sealed with vinyl floor sealer. You may want to forego any wax until son is older and more steady on his feet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: