vinyl cove base corners

Old 01-24-09, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
vinyl cove base corners

I have some new 4" wide vinyl (not rubber) cove base, the kind that comes in 4 ft. lengths with the curved toe at the bottom. When installing, what's the best way to deal with the inside and outside 90-degree wall and cabinet corners so it ends up looking right and cleanly done. any tips/comments appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-09, 01:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You should be able to buy matching inside and outside corners, which makes the install really nice. Otherwise, you can heat the cove with a heat gun/hair dryer and form it around the outside corners. Cut a 45+45 degree notch on the lower lip and you can press it into the inside corners. A little heat helps in the final forming if necessary.

Old 01-25-09, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
You should be able to buy matching inside and outside corners, which makes the install really nice. Otherwise, you can heat the cove with a heat gun/hair dryer and form it around the outside corners. Cut a 45+45 degree notch on the lower lip and you can press it into the inside corners. A little heat helps in the final forming if necessary.
Thanks Chandler. Yeah Home Depot said they didnt have any inside or outside preformed corners for the vinyl cove, but could "order them." So instead I tried following some instructions I found online which involved some rather precision type carving and trimming and it all worked out fairly decent and looks fine. Kind of a pain, though, and glad I'm done with it.