cheap waterproof flooring wanted

Old 10-17-09, 03:04 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cheap waterproof flooring wanted

I have a 800 sq foot area I want to install a waterproof floor in. I dont need it to hold water all fo the time, but there will be water on it often

it is going over a brand new sub floor.

what woudl you use??

Old 10-17-09, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Cheapest thing would be sheet vinyl with sealed seams...but its the seams that are the problem.

As long as it is sealed and the surface is undamaged, it will be waterproof...first cut or gouge..all bets off.

Old 10-17-09, 04:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Over the long haul? Ceramic tile over concrete backer underlayment. Nothing is water "proof" in the fullest extent as GG stated. How much water will be on it, and were will it come from?

Old 10-17-09, 04:56 PM
F
there will not be standing water on it for long, but there could be gallons on the floor at any given time. there will be an extensive fish tank system on top.

any links to information on how exactly to "seal" the seams well on the vinyl??

Old 10-25-09, 05:36 PM
F
the answer you are looking for is heat welded seams. only certain flooring can be heat welded. commercial sheet vinyl is fused using a hot air gun and would give you a waterproo finshed floor.whould be cheeper than ceramic tile. it may be hard to find a experienced installer in heat welded flooring depending where you live . armstrong " medinteck" - mannington "biospec" are the big sellers. i would not recomend using the chemical weld method ,seams whould fail with standing water

Old 10-25-09, 07:08 PM
F
thanks wubbie. my contractor hooked me up with some stuff that I am going to lay myself that is 100% waterproof. It is floating but comes in tyhese 2x3 sheets that interlock with each other.

it wasnt exactly cheap, but I got good pricing on it but it is vry durable and waterproof and will do a good job for me. the name escapes me at the moment

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: