Resilient vinyl sticky back flooring - no stick

Old 11-04-09, 06:02 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Resilient vinyl sticky back flooring - no stick

Hi,

We have recently put down a resilient vinyl floor that was just peel and stick. We followed the underlayment directions which said that the advantec that we had down was fine. I then cleaned the underlayment exceptionally well and allowed it to dry. The vinyl flooring was then put down. I am finding that in some areas the ends are coming up. They just wont stay down. What can I do to make them stick? Can I put finish nails in them? (that was suggested by the retailer) Some sort of glue? (retailer says be careful it may cause the vinly to deteriorate)

suggestions please??

Kelly

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-09, 06:52 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stay down

Originally Posted by k4lilly View Post
Hi,

We have recently put down a resilient vinyl floor that was just peel and stick. We followed the underlayment directions which said that the advantec that we had down was fine. I then cleaned the underlayment exceptionally well and allowed it to dry. The vinyl flooring was then put down. I am finding that in some areas the ends are coming up. They just wont stay down. What can I do to make them stick? Can I put finish nails in them? (that was suggested by the retailer) Some sort of glue? (retailer says be careful it may cause the vinly to deteriorate)

suggestions please??

Kelly
My2cents......Other people on this site said they have used a little dab of liquid nails to help. Dont know over time what if anything it may do to the tiles though.