Any Experience with SwiftLock Vinyl Plank Flooring from Lowes

Old 10-05-11, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any Experience with SwiftLock Vinyl Plank Flooring from Lowes

I'm looking for flooring for a room I'm finishing in my basement. Its a relatively dry room that is going to be a home office. I was researching different options. I don't want to deal with Tile and thought that perhaps a vinyl tile would be the way to go. I read a ton about Allure Ultra floating vinyl planks from HD but found many people complaining about the adhesive coming up even in the dryer basements.

I then found SwiftLock Vinyl Planks at LOWES. This stuff has a locking mechanism similar to wood planks so there's no adhesive. Its much thicker than allure as well.

Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? any warnings? Should I put down an underlayment below it? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-11, 08:30 AM
Just ordered 20 boxes. Did you go with this product? I'm pretty excited about doing the whole second floor with it.

Old 11-21-11, 08:42 AM
Yes I did. I'm pretty amazed I couldn't find any info on it but went with it anyway. Its pretty amazing stuff. Thick, sturdy and fairly easy to work with.

I did a 12x11 room (7.5 boxes) in about 2.5 hrs and got faster as I went along.

I put down a very thin underlayment that was a thin roll of padding from lowes. Not sure how I feel about that b/c it gives the floor a very soft (almost squishy) feel. i'm hoping that packs out and isn't noticeable over time.

Glad to answer any questions you have about it. It worked out great.

Dave

Old 12-10-11, 06:34 AM
Here we go...

20 boxes sitting in my living room. Will let them adjust for three days. I'm having trouble finding any info about how to install. This seems to be the only vinyl plank that doesn't have some sort of adhesive. I'll attempt to research it a little more. Will report back on how it goes, and thankful for this thread, Dave!

Old 12-18-11, 08:24 AM
I've put off doing this job because we have questions about how to deal with tile when it meets a wall or door opening. Any experience with meeting up to ceramic tile? DSC_0221.jpg picture by pvsmiths - Photobucket
or other elevated wood?DSC_0230.jpg picture by pvsmiths - Photobucket or a metal door frame? DSC_0225.jpg picture by pvsmiths - Photobucket I'll ask the floor guy at Lowe's, but thought I'd try here also. Will copy and paste this in a similar thread, too.
Thanks for your help, it is truly appreciated!

Old 12-17-12, 01:49 PM
Hello!

Hello,

I have a quick question: are these floor planks thick as these on the video? "Thumbs Up" Product Review - Vi-Plank Luxury Vinyl Cork Plank Flooring (similar to laminate) - YouTube
Unfortunately, Lowe's does not carry this nice floor anymore. Do you think this Thumbs Up floor is close to SwiftLock planks? Or maybe there is another store that carry SwiftLock? I was trying to find it online and I couldn't.

If you have something to recommend, please help me. I would really appreciate it! I really need floor like this b/c my husband has allergies on dust and we have a 18 mos toddler. I would like to have a floor that is easy to clean and I can use as much water as I want.

Thank you!

Old 12-18-12, 07:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Maryka, welcome to the forums! The flooring exhibited in the video is a foreign made product, and I am not sure where it is available. Even so, the click lock feature of every flooring manufacturer is proprietary and sadly won't be compatible to each other. Thickness variances also have a big part in matching flooring. Not sure ANY laminate flooring will take "as much water as I want". There are limits and puddles may still eke their way into the laminate and cause swelling. Damp mopping is all that is recommended for most laminates.

I would recommend finding a comparative laminate that is readily available and buy extra for repairs, etc.