Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Reload this Page >

laying vinyle bamboo plank onto concrete MADE BIG MISTAKE PLEASE HELP

Old 03-12-12, 02:21 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

OK I am at a loss due to how large the mistake is that we made laying this flooring. First we pulled up carpet etc cleaned and cleaned the concrete (for a good 9 hrs) then we buy the trowel (so?) That the back of the glue specifies to buy...and my husband begins gluing the planks down...1/3 into this we realize their are some planks beggining to really stick up...we then realizes theirs splattered dried concrete under them (not level) so i call the floor company they tell me to buy this kit to level the concrete yada yada..wells the good ole hubs says we just need to chiseled the chinks of concrete out from under it to make it smooth reheat the glue and finish the job...so I spend alldat Saturday doing that and it def looked better than before..HOWEVER he finishes the living room floor and the entire dining room last night and its not laying flat in ALOT of places not laying smoothly...apparently our concrete is not completely level there are large waves in spots that we didn't notice until it was too late...and of course its obvious that we DO need the kit I was told about..but now my question is how can we get the glue off of the concrete Crete after we pull these planks back up so we can lay the mix from the kits? And can't we really lay these planks if we heat the glue on them? I know we have really screwed up it has been a mess...did I mention we have 3 small children to tend to during all of this disaster we have created LOL. THANK YOU in advance for any help you can give.

Old 03-12-12, 03:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
What brand of flooring are you installing? Yes, you should have floated the floor with Self Leveling Compound prior to installation. It would take out all the waves, etc. and provide for a good substrate to put the product on. Of course hindsight..........

Old 03-12-12, 03:37 PM
S
Originally Posted by chandler
What brand of flooring are you installing? Yes, you should have floated the floor with Self Leveling Compound prior to installation. It would take out all the waves, etc. and provide for a good substrate to put the product on. Of course hindsight..........
We are using earthwerks vinyl plank

Old 03-12-12, 05:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
"Smooth,clean, dry, structurally sound and free of dust, dirt, oil........Use a good quality Portland Cement based patching compound to fill or smooth any irregularities that could show through the new flooring."
Instructions sort of said it all. Yeah, you may have to start over, but it could be worse.....you could have installed it upside down by mistake Take heart, do it calmly, and you can overcome the "tragedy". Just do it better next time. You have the experience, now.

Old 03-12-12, 06:31 PM
S
Thank you for your help Chandler

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: